Depression has become an increasing concern in our society. More and more people are developing this mental illness from various causes in our environment.
This walk-in clinic in Cambridge aims to spread more awareness about this illness in the hopes of helping more people in need. This is why we are giving a list of some signs and symptoms that may indicate if someone you know is suffering from depression:
- Insomnia or hypersomnia
- Loss of interest in favorite activities
- Anger and irritability
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
How to Help Someone with Depression
If you know someone who is suffering from this mental illness, don’t hesitate to reach out. You don’t really need to be an expert to offer some help. Here are some ways to help someone with depression:
- Learn more about the illness, it’s symptoms, and how it affects people.
- Encourage treatment
- Show them that you are willing to help
- Identify warning signs of the worsening of depression
- Stay alert for warning signs of suicide
For those friends or family who are diagnosed with this mental illness and are in need of prescribed anti-depressants, tell them to stop by our pharmacy in Cambridge.